- WorldShare Reports
The value for the LHR_Item_Cost comes from the LHR or the 876-878 $c subfield in the MARC holdings record. This data may include a code for the currency as well as the numerical cost. The report copies out the data into the file, without doing any reformatting.
If you are familiar with Excel, it is possible to remove the extraneous characters:
- First import the ftp report into Excel, and save it as a .xls or .xlsx spreadsheet.
- Select the column titled: LHR_Item_Cost column.
- From the menu across the top, select Data > Text to Columns.
- Select file type Delimited, and click Next.
- Click the checkbox for Space under Delimiters, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
This will distribute the data in the Item Cost column across the next two to three columns, splitting wherever there is a space. This should leave you with numbers only in the first column, and you will be able to add up the total using Excel's sum function.