- WorldShare License Manager
The License Manager public notes utility is an all-or-nothing editor, it can only replace the content of a public notes field, it doesn’t have the capability to incrementally update that field. If differing notes are needed for collections associate with only certain collections, using the bulk terms-of-use editor.
For example, if your library would like a special note only, use the following workflow, EBSCO was used as the in this example:
- Add a custom term of use called “EBSCO Note” with the text “EBSCO Collection: Visit our EBSCO help page here <link>.
- Add that custom term to the EBSCO license(s).
- Add the custom term to the public notes wizard template.
- Update all public notes and replace existing notes.
In the example above, since only the EBSCO license has that custom term associated with it, only those licensed collections will have the note applied.