To calculate a license's usage cost:
From the License screen:
- Open the History accordion and select License Costs.
- Select the report type you would like to use for usage cost calculations.
- Available report types:
Report Type Description COUNTER field used Usage cost calculation BR1 Book Report 1 ft_total cost / ft_total BR2 Book Report 2 ft_total cost / ft_total DB1 Database Report 1 record_views cost / record_views PR1 Platform Report 1 record_views cost / record_views JR1 Journal Report 1 ft_total cost / ft_total JR5 Journal Report 5 ft_total cost / ft_total MR1 Multimedia Report 1 multimedia cost / multimedia
- Select one or more vendor sources from either Manual Vendor or SUSHI Vendor.
- For multiple vendors, determine how monthly reports should be combined for each month under Duplicates Reports from Multiple Vendors:
- Combine the latest reports from all vendors
- Totals from each month are included from each vendor individually. The most recently harvested report is included when a vendor has duplicate reports.
- Use only most recent reports for each month
- Only the most recent report amongst all configured vendors is included in the usage cost calculation.
- Click Generate Report.
Once calculations are complete, values can be seen either by selecting the refresh button or by reloading the license. These values will remain until a new report is generated.
Usage Report Coverage analysis:
The usage cost report indicates the coverage of the COUNTER reports used in the usage cost calculations. Licenses with missing or duplicate reports are indicated with a blue information icon. To see the reports found for each vendor used in the usage cost calculations, click View under the Details column.
From the View screen, a green check mark indicates a single report was found in the harvest history for that month. The blue information icon indicates either a duplicate or missing report.
Missing reports can be added to the vendors' harvest history with either a one-time harvest or a manual upload. Please see Setup one-time and recurring harvests for more information.
Duplicate reports can be removed from the harvest history. However, the report will always use the latest report for a given month and will combine duplicates from multiple vendors based on the selection made under Duplicates Reports from Multiple Vendors.