- When an item is checked out, it is not being checked out for the expected loan period.
- WorldShare Circulation
If an item is given a loan period that is not the correct loan period, please check your Loan Policy Map to see if the correct loan policy is being applied. Please note that the Loan Policy Map is read from left to right and then top to bottom. Once a match is found, all other lines are ignored.
- Identify the item's material format, holding location and shelving location.
- Identify the patron type of the patron.
- Log into the OCLC Service Configuration.
- Select WMS Circulation > Loans > Loan Policy Map.
- Review the existing lines of your policy to see if the item being checked out meets the criteria of one of the lines that precedes the desired policy.
- Once you have identified the matching line, use the green up and down arrow to the far right to adjust the order of the lines in your Loan Policy Map or edit the Loan Policy to correct the behavior. You can add additional lines as needed.