- When I scan an item into circulation the POS printer isn't automatically printing a receipt for the patron
- WorldCat Circulation
As a POS printer is a third party plug in, there can be various ways that it can error when interacting with systems so try each of the following steps in order to pinpoint where in the process the error is occurring
- Make sure you have POS printer selected in the dropdown menu on the Check In or Check Out screen.
- If you cannot see the POS printer in the drop down menu start the POS Printer application from the start menu (Note that this option is not available in Java versions after Java8.162).
- Check that there has not been a Java update since the POS printer was last used successfully.
- If there has, uninstall and reinstall Java to an earlier update.
- Reinstall the POS client and Java in the following order:
- Uninstall the POS client and Java.
- Reinstall the POS client using the instruction in POS Printer Preferences.
- Reinstall Java.
- If you are still experiencing issues contact OCLC Support with the following information:
- When the problem began, or when the service was last used with no issues
- If this issue is on 1 more more computers
- If the issue is occurring in multiple browsers
- If this issue is affecting multiple users
- That you have performed the above troubleshooting actions
- Any changes that have occurred to your system recently (consult your IT Department for this information)
- What version Windows your computers are using
- What brand and model POS Printer you are using