Clear hold shelf
Find information about using the Clear Hold Shelf in WorldShare Circulation to clear items from the hold shelf because the holds were canceled or have expired.
The Hold Shelf is the location in your library where items on hold are stored until picked up by patrons.
The Clear Hold Shelf is the list of items that need to be cleared from the hold shelf because their holds were canceled or have expired. Cleared items are reshelved.
Clear the hold shelf
- In the left panel, click Reports.
- Click Clear Hold Shelf.
- Click Refresh to ensure that the Clear Hold Shelf is current.
- (Optional). Click a column heading to change the sort order of the Clear Hold Shelf list.
- In the upper right corner, click Print to print the Clear Hold Shelf list so items on the list can be removed from the Hold Shelf.
To add columns to show borrower category, description, or chronology, see Configure columns, below.
- Check in the items cleared from the Hold Shelf. (Follow the same procedure in Check in pulled items to place them on hold.)
- The item is removed from the Hold Shelf.
- You may need to click Refresh to confirm the item's removal.
Note: Preferences are retained per your user account.
You can choose the columns that appear on the Pull List.
- On the right side of the screen, click the User Preferences button ().
- In the Show Columns window, check or uncheck the columns you want to show or hide.
- The columns you checked or unchecked are shown or hidden.
- Select All to configure all the column headings for display.
- Close the Show Columns window by clicking anywhere outside it.