To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the WMS Circulation left navigation, select Billing, and then select the Bill Reasons link.
Bill reasons are used to indicate why a patron is being billed.
- The bills reasons you create on this screen can be used in:
- Bill reasons have certain restrictions based on what you select in the Associated With field.
- For information on creating a bill, see Create bills for a fine or fee.
Create or edit bill reasons
- On the Bill Reasons screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Associated With: Select when the bill reason is applied. Settings are as follows:
- Applies to anything: Bill reason can be used with or without an item associated with the bill.
- Only applies to items: Bill reason can only be used if there is an item associated with the bill. If you try to create a bill without an item, an alert message appears. Depending on your account, you may have to enter an override. See Circulation Account roles, Overrides for more information.
- Only applies to holds: Bill reason can only be used for holds.
- Auto Calculate Tax?: Click the check box to incorporate tax into the bill. Tax will only display in WorldShare Circulation if Show Everywhere is selected in UI Tax Policy. Enter the tax rate for your institution on the Currency and Locale screen in the WorldCat registry module.
- Accounting Code: This field is optional and empty/null by default. Limit of 50 characters.
- Tax Type Code: This field is optional and empty/null by default. Limit of 50 characters.
- Tax Type Description: This field is optional and empty/null by default. Limit 500 characters.
- Click Save.
Copy bill reasons
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save
Delete bill reasons
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.