This allows you to check in items that were used, but not checked out. It includes items from the reference collection, items that are on reserve, or items found in a reading room. They are not checked out to a patron and do not leave the library. This is done by a Check In transaction using the Non Loan Return Check In mode.
Non Loan Return
- In the left panel click Check In.
- From the Check In Mode drop down, select Non Loan Return.
- Scan or type the barcode into Item Barcode.
A count of these transactions is stored by the system and accessible on the Statistics screens and in reports.
View Soft Issued Count
The item’s Soft Issued Count is shown on the item Statistics screen:
- Search for the item in Discover Items.
- Click View/Edit to display the item.
- In the item details click Statistics in the top right.
- The count is shown in Soft Issued Count.