You can now install and update to EZproxy V6.3.5. If you have not already upgraded to EZproxy V6.x and requested a WSKey, you will need to Request a WSKey.
This release was built with OpenSSL 1.0.2m to provide access to the most up-to-date security configuration options. You can find more information about these updates and others in the EZproxy V6.3.5 Release Notes.
- About EZproxy
- This overview explains how EZproxy works as an intermediary between your users and the databases they are trying to access.
- About URL rewriting
- URL rewriting is a function of EZproxy. Users have several options for how URLs will be written, learn more about the options and how to select one.
- DNS naming
- Your domain name should be selected based on your proxy solution. Find information about selecting your DNS in this documentation.
- Evaluate proxy by port versus proxy by hostname
- EZproxy has two different methods for proxying access to remote web servers: proxy by port and proxy by hostname. The default method is proxy by port, but the recommended method for deployment is proxy by hostname since it minimizes firewall issues.
- EZproxy technical details
- Find additional technical details about EZproxy.
- Initial set-up process
- Follow these steps to set up EZproxy for your library.
- Join the EZproxy listserv and Community Center
- OCLC hosts and maintains an e-mail list for discussing topics related to EZproxy.
- Before your library installs EZproxy, make sure that your library has the proper knowledge, hardware and operating system requirements.
- Try or purchase EZproxy
- Learn more about downloading a trial or purchasing EZproxy.