☐ Submit mapping file for Alternative Service Provider mapping (Serial Solutions, SFX, EBSCO A-to-Z) (Optional).
- If you are currently using a knowledge base to manage e-resources, you can have your old knowledge base mapped into the WorldCat knowledge base.
☐ Evaluate collections currently purchased/subscribed against what is available in the global knowledge base.
☐ Setup direct holdings feeds for applicable collections.
- A number of providers support direct holdings feeds, meaning they will send OCLC the data for your library-specific holdings, and OCLC will load that data to reflect those holdings in your local knowledge base.
☐ Select applicable standard kb collections in full.
- For non-customizable collections to which your library subscribes in their entirety.
☐ Select applicable standard kb collections in part.
- For customizable collections to which your library does not subscribe in their entirety.
☐ Create custom collections for collections/titles not represented in the global knowledge base.
☐ Configure institution-level settings.
- See settings checklist.
☐ Turn on links in Service Configuration.
☐ Enable MARC record delivery for collections (Optional).
- Record delivery must be enabled both at the institution-level as well as within each collection for which records are required.
☐ Set ILL deflection policies (Optional).
- Set up your ILL policies so that you do not receive requests for items you do not lend via ILL.
☐ Pick up records/access FTP (Optional).
☐ Understand the A-to-Z list (Optional).