Upload files using SFTP or SCP commands
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Learn how to upload files using SFTP or SCP commands.
Use the SFTP or SCP client of your choice. Click "Enter/Return" on your keyboard after each command.
Note: Commands are case-sensitive and all alphabetic characters must be lowercase.
- Using your institution's assigned username, enter the following command: sftp [username]@[data center]
- Enter your institution's assigned password
- Choose directory (see directory folders): Enter cd [directory name or path]
- Enter put [myfile] (copies file from your local system to OCLC's system)
- Enter quit
- Enter scp [myfile] [username]@[data center]:[directory name or path] (see directory folders)
- Enter the password when prompted