Transition to new file exchange servers
To help enable faster delivery, we are transitioning to new file exchange servers. If you use SFTP to exchange files with OCLC, this transition includes:
- A new host name that will replace the location you currently use to upload and download your files.
- A new username that will replace the username you currently use to login and upload and download your files.
New host names by assigned data center
Note: The current host names will no longer be available after December 31, 2019.
|Data Center||Current host name(s)||New host name||Port|
|United States Data Center||scp.oclc.org
|European Data Center||scp-docklands.oclc.org||filex-r1.oclc.org||22|
|Australian Data Center||scp-sydney.oclc.org||filex-r2.oclc.org||22|
|Canadian Data Center||scp-toronto.oclc.org||filex-r3.oclc.org||22|
The new username is based upon your current username, but will have one of the following prefixes determined by your OCLC product subscriptions. Accounts for customers with OCLC products that exchange PII data (personally identifiable information) will have a different username than those used solely for the exchange of non-PII data.
|Prefix||Description||Example new username|
|fx_||Used for OCLC products that do not exchange files containing PII data
Note: Applies to WorldShare Collection Manager and WorldShare Collection Evaluation.
|wx_||Used for OCLC products that do exchange files containing PII data
Note: Applies to WorldShare Circulation, WorldShare Reports and Report Designer, and Tipasa.
- Usernames are always lowercase; however, account passwords are case-sensitive.
- If your username contains the prefix ws_ currently, it will be replaced by one of the new prefixes (e.g., ws_zzzzz will become fx_zzzzz).
- Usernames are based on your institution's OCLC symbol. However, if the symbol contains one of the following special characters, these conversions still apply:
- @ will be replaced with _64
- $ will be replaced with _36
- # will be replaced with _35
To ensure a smooth transition:
- Your existing password will work with the new username
- Your existing public keys have been placed in the account you will access with your new username
If you use automated scripts to transfer files, they will need to be updated to use both the new host name and username.
Note: If you use My Files in the WorldShare interface to upload and download files, you do not need to make any changes.
Navigate your new OCLC file exchange account
Known issue with Ex Libris Alma publishing profiles and OCLC file exchange
The Ex Libris Alma publishing profiles for WorldShare data sync collections are not working correctly with the new OCLC file exchange accounts. OCLC is working with Ex Libris on a resolution. Please continue to use your existing Alma configuration with the current OCLC hosts until the issue has been resolved. We regret that this will delay your transition to the new OCLC file exchange servers.
In addition to SFTP, you can upload and download files from the WorldShare interface using My Files. See how to Upload files in My Files and Download files in My Files.