You may use an open-source SFTP client or LINUX command line to SFTP. If you need assistance with LINUX, please contact OCLC Support to receive SFTP credentials for your institution.
There is no restriction on file size; however, internet connectivity and file size can impact how long it takes for a file to transfer.
Available data centers
The data center associated with your institution's account depends on the region in which you are located. You will receive your data center assignment along with your SFTP credentials.
Note: You must always use your assigned data center.
|all data centers||regional hostnames||port|
|United States Data Center||filex-m1.oclc.org||22|
|European Data Center||filex-r1.oclc.org||22|
|Australian Data Center||filex-r2.oclc.org||22|
|Canadian Data Center||filex-r3.oclc.org||22|
- File name requirements
- Find the file name requirements for uploading WorldShare Collection Evaluation circulation files, WorldCat knowledge base collections, and WorldCat data sync collections to exchange with OCLC.
- Determine which upload directory to use
- Find the file exchange upload location for your records and reports.
- Upload files using an open source SFTP client
- Learn how to upload files using an open source SFTP client.
- Upload files using SFTP or SCP commands
- Learn how to upload files using SFTP or SCP commands.