This document contains instructions for formatting and sending your loan data to OCLC. Loan data should only be sent for items that are currently checked out (active loans).
|Tab-delimited loan data template (Microsoft Excel)||Contains 10 columns. Save as a tab-delimited text file (an Excel file cannot be used to send data).
Note: Required fields have red column headings.
- The text file must contain all 10 tab-delimited columns in the order listed in the table below.
- The first row of the text file is the header and must contain column names separated by tabs.
- Column header names are not case sensitive, but must be spelled correctly.
- Each line in the tab-delimited file must contain 9 tab characters, which function as column separators.
- All values in columns are strings (text string, numeric string, etc.).
- If you have no data to put in a column, include the column header, but leave the rest of the column empty (do not delete the column header).
Note: If columns are deleted, moved, or renamed, the file cannot be used to load data.
- Filenames can contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- Filename cannot contain spaces or special characters (e.g., @, ?, *, #, !, &, %, $, ^).
- Tab-delimited files must have the .txt file extension.
Send loan data
Send loan data only for items that are currently checked out (active loans). Send your loan data files to your SFTP account (ftp2.oclc.org).
|xfer/wms/test/in/circdata/loans||Loading loan data to WMS|
Loan file format
Note: None of the columns are repeatable.
|column number||column name||required||example||description|
|1||lendingInstitutionID||x||127968||The WorldCat Registry ID for the institution that has loaned the item.|
|2||itemBarcode||x||1000124077||The barcode of the item that was borrowed.|
|3||borrowerInstitutionID||x||1127968||The WorldCat Registry ID for the home institution of the patron who checked out the item.|
|4||borrowerBarcode||x||1234567890||The barcode of the patron who borrowed the item.|
|9||renewalCount||1||The number of renewals.|
|10||note||x||Not currently used. The note column is required but should not contain data.|
|Tab-delimited loan data text file example (Text file)||An example of a tab-delimited text file that results from saving the tab-delimited loan data template as text. It contains sample data.|
If you have questions, contact your OCLC Implementation Manager at WMSImp@oclc.org.