This document provides instructions to format and deliver your item statistical data (item histories) in a tab-delimited file to OCLC.
|Tab-delimited item statistics template (Microsoft Excel)||Contains 12 columns. Save as a tab-delimited text file (an Excel file cannot be used to send data).
- The text file must contain all 12 tab-delimited columns in the order listed in the table below.
- The first line of the text file is the header and must contain column names separated by tabs.
- Column header names are not case sensitive, but must be spelled correctly.
- Each line in the tab-delimited file must contain 11 tab characters, which function as column separators.
- All values in columns are strings (text string, numeric string, etc.).
- If you have no data to put in a column, include the column header, but leave the rest of the column empty (do not delete the column header).
Note: If columns are deleted, moved, or renamed, the file cannot be used to load data.
- Filenames can contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- Filename cannot contain spaces or special characters (e.g., @, ?, *, #, !, &, %, $, ^).
- Tab-delimited files must have the .txt file extension.
Send item statistics data
You may send Item Stats data for any or all items in your institution's collection. Send your holds data files to your SFTP account (ftp2.oclc.org).
|/xfer/wms/test/in/circdata/items||Loading item statistics data to WMS|
Item statistics file format
None of the columns are repeatable.
|column number||column name||required||example||description|
|1||institutionId||x||127968||The WorldCat Registry ID for the institution that owns the item.|
|2||itemBarcode||x||1000124077||The barcode of the item.|
|3||loanCount||12||The number of times the item has been loaned out since it has been added to the collection.|
|4||loanCountYTD||2||The number of times the item has been loaned out this calendar year.|
|6||lastBorrowerBarcode||50789||The barcode of the patron who the item was last loaned to.|
|11||inventoriedCount||5||The number of times the item has been inventoried.|
|Tab-delimited item statistics text file example (Text file)||An example of a tab-delimited text file that results from saving the tab-delimited item statistics template as text. It contains sample data.|
If you have questions, contact your OCLC Implementation Manager at WMSImp@oclc.org.