This document contains instructions for formatting and sending your holds data to OCLC. Holds data should only be sent for current hold requests yet to be fulfilled, not holds that are on the shelf waiting to be checked out.
|Tab-delimited holds template (Microsoft Excel)||Contains 9 columns. Save as a tab-delimited text file (an Excel file cannot be used to send data).
Note: Required fields have red column headings.
- The text file must contain all 9 tab-delimited columns in the order listed in the table below.
- The first row of the text file is the header and must contain column names separated by tabs.
- Column header names are not case sensitive, but must be spelled correctly.
- Each line in the tab-delimited file must contain 8 tab characters, which function as column separators.
- All values in columns are strings (text string, numeric string, etc.).
- If you have no data to put in a column, include the column header, but leave the rest of the column empty (do not delete the column header).
Note: If columns are deleted, moved, or renamed, the file cannot be used to load data.
- Filenames can contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
- Filename cannot contain spaces or special characters (e.g., @, ?, *, #, !, &, %, $, ^).
- Tab-delimited files must have the .txt file extension.
Send holds data
Send your holds data files to your SFTP account (ftp2.oclc.org).
|/xfer/wms/test/in/circdata/holds||Loading holds data to WMS|
Holds file format
Note: None of the columns are repeatable.
|column number||column name||required||example||description|
|1||institutionID||x||127941||The WorldCat Registry ID for the institution that owns the item.|
|2||borrowerBarcode||x||123456789||The barcode of the patron who has the hold request on the material.|
|3||oclcNumber||x||12345678||The OCLC number of the bibliographic record for the title that is on hold.|
|4||pickupBranch||x||127111||The Branch ID of the patron's preferred pickup location.|
|Tab-delimited holds text file example (Text file)||An example of a tab-delimited text file that results from saving the tab-delimited holds template as text. It contains sample data.|
If you have questions, contact your OCLC Implementation Manager at WMSImp@oclc.org.