Why does the Access Online button not display on titles I have selected in Collection Manager?
To help understand why an Access Online button, may not display in Discovery for a title they subscribe to.
- I selected a Knowledge base collection in Collection Manager by selecting some of the titles within it, however the Access Online links do not display for these chosen titles in Discovery.
- WorldShare Collection Manager
- WorldCat Discovery
This will happen when the titles selected have not been fully indexed in WorldCat and have only been indexed within the collection itself. For example, Content Availability: Indexed: From 2008 to 2017 will not display but where you see Content Availability: Full Text: From 1968 to 2018 will display the Access Online links.
- They do not surface in Discovery as OCLC does not have the metadata for them
- This is determined by the vendor [the Vendor decides what metadata is shared with / given to OCLC]
- These titles will however display in the A-Z lists
- The titles need the coverage depth of 'Full-text' for them to display in Discovery
See Display local data Full Text link display AND
Full Text and Open Access links