- We have a record that we added to our holdings. We only have one Local Holdings Record (LHR) attached to this record, but Discovery is showing that we have two holdings
- We checked the LHR to make sure only one is listed and it is.
- Is there anything that needs to be done to the record to have only one copy show up as available?
- WorldCat Discovery
- WorldShare Record Manager
This can happen when multiple Item Information fields are present in the LHR. Verify that there is only one 876 field if there is only one item.
- Open the LHR in WorldShare Record Manager.
- Look for the 876 field.
- If there is more than one 876 field, determine which one is the correct one. This can be done by looking at the data in the fields, such as the internal item number, piece designation, and cost.
- If there is only one 876 field, verify that the data in the field is correct.
- If there are multiple 876 fields present check if the item information data can be merged into one field.