WorldCat Discovery helps your users easily locate resources from your library and libraries worldwide through WorldCat and additional authoritative e-content collections.
With your WorldCat Discovery, you can:
- Select databases to search through advanced search.
- Select library and sort options.
- Share items from search results.
- Create a WorldCat Discovery search box to place on your institution's Web pages.
- Integrate link resolution to full-text resources for your library's e-content collections as setup in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- Configure a fulfillment link for patron interlibrary loan requests.
For more information about customizing your WorldCat Discovery, please see Configure WorldCat Discovery features.
Session timeout alert for signed-in users
Users who are signed in to WorldCat Discovery but do not perform any activity for 25 minutes receive an alert that their session will time out. A Session Timeout box displays the message "Due to inactivity, you will be signed out in: 5:00".
Users may choose to:
- Continue Working: The Session Timeout box disappears; the user remains signed in and their session timeout countdown restarts.
- Sign Out: The user is signed out and redirected to the landing page
- Close the alert box: The Session Timeout box disappears; the user remains signed in and their session timeout countdown restarts.
The alert message will count down for 5 minutes. If the user does not perform any activity for 5 minutes, they are signed out and redirected to the landing page.A user must therefore be inactive for a total of 30 minutes before they are automatically signed out: 25 minutes before the alert displays plus 5 minutes while it is displayed.
Users who are automatically signed out due to inactivity will need to sign in again if they start to use WorldCat Discovery and take an action that requires them to sign in, such as placing a hold or making an ILL request.
WorldCat Discovery interface language
Change the language of the WorldCat Discovery interface by using the drop-down setting found at the bottom of the screen.
Watch a video
A brief look at WorldCat Discovery (7:45)
This is a brief introduction to WorldCat Discovery.