Your WorldCat.org user profile
About your user profile
When you create a WorldCat account, a profile is automatically created for you. You can enter as much or as little information in your profile as you want. If you do not feel comfortable entering certain types of information, you may leave those fields blank.
From your user profile page, you can:
- View your favorite libraries.
- Update your display name.
- Set Privacy Settings and choose to hide your entire profile.
- View your lists and lists you follow.
- View and manage your favorite libraries.
Edit your user profile
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click Continue.
- Select My Profile from the Profile drop-down menu.
- Your user profile consists of three screens. Use the drop-down menu to open each screen.
The My Profile screen, which opens by default, allows you to update your user profile as needed.
|Display name||Y||The display name you entered when creating your WorldCat account.
Note: Public profiles must have a display name.
To update your display name:
|Username/Email address||N||The username or email address you entered when creating your WorldCat account.|
|Profile visibility||Y||The profile visibility you selected when creating your WorldCat account.
To update your profile visibility:
|Manage account||N/A||You can delete your profile information, but lists associated with your institution and your sign-in credentials will not be deleted.
Caution: This action cannot be undone.
To delete your account:
The Lists screen allows you to manage and view your WorldCat lists and the lists you follow.
The Favorite Libraries screen allows you to view and manage your favorite libraries. You can add up to five favorite libraries to your user profile.
Edit the order of your favorite libraries
WorldCat.org tailors your experience based on the order of your favorite libraries. To update the order of your favorite libraries:
- Click Edit order.
- Select a library and drag it to the desired position.
Select a library and click Move down or Move up until it reaches the desired position.
- Click Done.
Remove a favorite library
To remove a library from the Favorite Libraries screen:
- Click the Favorite Libraries button (). The Remove favorite library opens.
- Click Remove. The Remove favorite library dialog closes and the selected library is removed from the Favorite Libraries screen.