To have relevant items that your favorite libraries own float to the top of search results, you will need to be logged in to your account. When you log in the Favorite Libraries sort option is used by default. This algorithm will boost items held by your favorite libraries that match your search terms to the top of the results list.
When you open a record and view a search result page, if you are within an IP range of a library that has a visibility subscription with OCLC, you'll see any knowledge base links, outgoing OpenURL links, or interlibrary loan links configured. These links can either connect you to the item digitally or connect you to a request form for a physical copy.
Note: Links to OCLC FirstSearch no longer appear on the Item Details page.
To borrow or obtain a copy from the Access from your libraries box:
- Click View access options in the Access from your libraries box. A Get it from [your library] drawer appears.
- From the Get it from [your library] drawer, select an option to get the item. Each option opens in a new tab.
- Borrow from your library - Click this link to connect to the item record from your library's catalog to see borrowing options.
- Access Online - Click links in this area to connect the digital resource or connect with your library's digital fulfillment options.
- Request this item via: - Click links in this area to request a copy of the item through your library's interlibrary loan services.
- Complete your request.