- WorldShare ILL
- WorldShare Record Manager
You cannot deflect a location through the OCLC Policies Directory > Policies > Deflections. All items in a particular location need a change to the Leader field (008) in the items LHR (Local Holding Record) using either WorldShare Record Manager or Connexion.
Here are the instructions for editing an LHR in Record Manager or Connexion:
1. Pull up the item in Record Manager or Connexion.
2. In the Leader field (008) make sure the Encoding Level is 2 or higher.
3. Expand the 008 field and change character position 20 (Lending Policy) and 21 (Reproduction Policy) to b = Will not Lend.
4. Click Done and Save or select "add record" option from the Action the dropdown box.
A library may decide they "Will not lend" an item but "Will" make copies or "Will not lend" and "Will not" make copies.