Discover how to update your institution's lending policy (008/20) in the LHR.
- Navigate to Record Work Lists > LHR and then click the Record Work List ID for which you want to update the lending policy.
- From the LHR - Record Work List screen, select Base Script from the Edit Action drop-down list.
- Select Update Lending Policy from the Script Name drop-down list.
- Select a new lending policy from the Lending Policy drop-down list.
- a - Will lend
- b - Will not lend
- c - Will lend hard copy only
- l - Limited lending policy
- u - Unknown
- Select the LHR record(s) for which you want to update the lending policy.
- To select all records on the current page of results, select the check box at the top of the table.
- To select all records in the work list, click Actions > Edit > All Target Records.
- (Optional) Preview selected records with the script change.
- Select up to 25 records to which you want to apply the script change.
- Click Actions > View Selected Record(s) > Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied. The View LHRs - Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied screen displays the selected records with the script change applied and includes any validation errors.
- Click View Current Record(s) to view the selected records in their current state. From the View LHRs - Current Record(s) screen, click Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied to return to the View LHRs - Preview Record(s) after Edit Action Applied screen.
- Once you have confirmed the script changes appear as expected, click Back.
- (Optional) Select a different set of records (up to 25) and repeat steps a through d.
- Click Actions > Edit > Selected Target Records.
- Click Apply in the Apply LHR Script to Selected Record(s) dialog window. The script running process is asynchronous. The time it takes to run varies depending on how many records you are editing. While the process is running, you can perform other actions in Record Manager outside of the LHR tab in the Record Work Lists screen.
A confirmation message appears identifying how many records successfully updated or failed to update when the script has finished running.
Find a failed record
If a record failed to update, the confirmation message provides a status.
To locate the failed record:
- Select Included Status(es) from the Filter by drop-down list.
- Select the status of the failed record from the drop-down list.
- Click Filter to locate the failed record.