Smart fulfillment functionality across OCLC resource sharing services (WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, Tipasa, and ILLiad) saves time while processing lending requests and gets items to library users quickly.
If you need additional assistance with setting up automation:
- Watch the workshop Automate your request processes in the OCLC Community Center (sign in required).
- Learn how others use automation in all kinds of situations by starting a discussion in the OCLC Community Center (sign in required).
- Contact OCLC Support for questions and help with troubleshooting.
|Smart fulfillment feature
|Benefits for borrowers
|Benefits for lenders
|Real-time availability for ILL
|Automated Request Manager (ARM) for Borrowing
|Automated Request Manager (ARM) for Lending
|Smart lender strings
Libraries are invited to join based on historical ILL data.
See Express program.
- Real-time availability for ILL
- Find information about Real-time availability, which connects your OCLC resource sharing service (WorldShare ILL, Tipasa, or ILLiad) to your library's local catalog and enables the system to automatically respond No to lending requests that have an OPAC status of unavailable.
- Automated Request Manager
- Use this screen to configure Automations in Automated Request Manager (ARM) to automate ILL workflows. Automations are composed of match criteria you define along with actions you want the system to perform on matched requests.
- Automated Request Manager for Lending
- Use the Automated Request Manager to apply designated constant data records to lending requests based on the identity of the borrowing library, the type of request, or the material format being requested.
- Smart lender strings through the Automated Request Manager
- Find information about smart lender strings built for requests submitted through the Automated Request Manager (ARM).
- Express program
- Find information about the Express digital delivery program, which connects high-performing libraries to form a select group committed to delivering digital resources within 18 hours or less.
- Improve turnaround time
- Find information about improving your turnaround time for borrowing and lending in WorldShare ILL.
- Turnaround Time dashboards
- Use the Turnaround Time dashboard on the WorldShare ILL home page to find your average lending and borrowing turnaround times.
- Other OCLC services that interact with smart fulfillment
- Find information about how the WorldCat knowledge base and Local holdings records (LHRs) interact with smart fulfillment features.