Borrower Work Queue statuses
Find the statuses available in the Borrower Work Queue in UnityUK.
You will probably want to check the Work Queue at least once a day if possible and take action on each request which is at a status requiring action. Those statuses (not including those sections which are relevant only to requests sent to British Library Document Supply Centre – for details on these see UnityUK integration with BLDSC ARTEmail) are:
- Idle – These are requests which have not yet been authorised and have therefore not yet been sent to potential lenders. You need to authorise these requests to send them to the first responding library on the rota, or check why they have not moved to Pending status if already authorised.
- Pending – These requests are awaiting an answer from a lending library. They do not usually require any action from the borrowing library.
- Pending > 2 weeks old – You may wish to check these requests to see why they are taking so long to satisfy (they are a subset of the requests in the Pending Work Queue.
- Conditional – You need to reply to the responding library whether you agree to meet their conditions.
- Cancel Pending – Requests where the borrowing library has requesting cancellation and is awaiting a reply from the lending library.
- End of rota – These are requests where every library on the rota has either declined to lend or not responded to the request, allowing it to expire. You need to add locations to the rota for these requests, or Complete the request.
- You should also check any New Notes which are flagged in the Borrower Work Queue
- Shipped – Requests which have been marked as Shipped by the lender and which the borrower has not yet marked as Received.
- Received – Requests which the borrower has received and marked as Received in UnityUK.
- Renew Pending – Requests where the borrowing library has requested a renewal of a loan and is awaiting a reply from the lending library.
- Overdue – Requests on loan to your library which are past their due date for return - these should be returned or renewed as soon as possible.
- Recalled – Requests on loan to your library which have been recalled by the lending library these should be returned as soon as possible.