Policies Directory can be used to manage policies for your library's Collections, Schedule, and Contact information.
Create descriptions of each unique collection that you supply (or do not supply) to borrowing libraries. If you have a URL link to a collection’s description, enter it on the Collections tab.
If you enter collections on the Collections tab, they are also available on the Policies tab for selection in creating copy and loan policies.
The format of dates and times displays in the interface based on the information about your institution contained in the WorldCat Registry. Dates and times will display to library staff in your institution's time zone and preferred format.
- Operating Hours - List your department’s normal operating hours. Note that this is informational only and will not automatically set your symbol to nonsupplier during hours in a day in which you are closed (nor is that necessary to do). This information is useful to borrowing and lending partners so that they know when to contact you and when your department is open to receiving ILL requests.
- Closures - If you know about any scheduled closures in advance (holiday breaks, staff vacations, library moving projects, etc.) you can use the closures section to set your library to nonsupplier status and back to supplier automatically on dates you define. As of April 2023, closures are timed based on midnight in your institution’s time zone. Previously, the system set libraries to non-supplier status (and back to supplier) only once per day, shortly after midnight in US Eastern Time. Time zone scheduled closures will all begin and end at midnight local time on the dates you specify.
Change Supplier Status for more information.Changing Supplier status on the Profile tab overrides any Supplier status you may have set on the Schedule tab (under Closures). However, during Closure periods Supplier status is checked on the Schedule tab every hour. If the two statuses conflict, the status on the Profile tab is changed to match the status on the Schedule tab. The only time the two statuses might conflict is during a Closure period. See
Create multiple contacts. We highly recommend that you maintain your current contact information.
Have the following information available:
- A list of contacts for interlibrary loan or document delivery. List contacts for lending and borrowing. In many cases, this contact may be one person. Other contacts might be in billing, returns, general, etc. A complete list of contact types is located in the drop-down box on the Add Contacts workform.
- Each contact's phone, email, fax, or other communication numbers or addresses.
You may list as much contact information as each contact wishes to be made public.
- Addresses for each contact, if they differ from the main shipping address.
- For Electronic contact types, use the Attention: field to note the type of electronic contact (Skype, Yahoo messenger, etc.) and the URL: field to define the specific address (if one is needed).