I have a regular user of ILLiad, but I can only find one request
- You have a regular user of ILLiad, but you can only find one request and you want to know how to find the rest
If you have a patron who had requests and they appear to be gone, you can try to find them following these steps:
- You can find out if someone merged the account to a different account. When you do this process, the requests are moved to the new account. The old account will be disavowed. Someone could have cleared it again. If you have a Transaction Number of one of the old requests, you can search the database for it and see what happened to the Transaction.
- Search the Users table for the First and Last name and see if there is a similar account. Check to see if the other account has the transactions. The person may have used more than one account.
- You could see if the Database Manager ran any job to delete Transactions to see if the Transactions could have been deleted.
- You could have the Database Manager restore a previous backup of the Database so that the Database Manager could search for the Username in the Transactions Table to see if the Transactions are in the old version and then you can decide what to do to get the transactions into the current table.
If you need additional support, please contact OCLC Support