Skip to main content
OCLC Support

How do I fix it when printing in ILLiad, my mail merge is pointing to a wrong data source even though when I went to the Document outside of ILLiad and set up the data source correctly?

Symptom
  • You set up the data source for printing in ILLiad and it works outside of ILLiad, but when you print within ILLiad, the data source changes to something like print.xlsx
Applies to
  • ILLiad
Resolution

When you have tested your Word Document outside of ILLiad and it works correctly, but when you print within ILLiad, you see an error message because the word document is trying to connect to a wrong data source such as printed.xlsx, here are steps you can take to try to fix the issue :

  1. When you are in the Word Document, you need to know if the Word Document is using the LegacyQueue, or the PrintQueue because it might be a Print filter issue you set up that is incorrect.
  2. Check your Print Configuration and look for the filter.  The filter must match the table that is being used.  For example, if you are using LegacyQueue and your filter is pointing to Transactions_TransactionNumber, then you are using the wrong filter.  The filter needs to match what is used by the table.  So it should be Transactio.  Here is an example of the different field names for the Different Queues.

LegacyQueue        PrintQueue

Transactio             Transactions_TransactionNumber

CallNumber          Transactions_CallNumber  

So if the Word Document is using the LegacyQueue and your filter is using Tansactions_TranactionNumber, you will need to change the filter to Transactio.

Page ID
29078