How do I fix it so the due date does not change when sending a renewal request?
- The Due Date changes when you send a renewal request, but you don't want it to change
To send the renewal and then change the Due Date for the patron:
- If doing a Staff Renewal, click Renew Request. The Due Date changes to add the number of Days from the BorrowingRenewalDays key from the Customization Manager.
- Go to the ILLiad Client and Click on the Borrowing Ribbon and then Click on the "Send OCLC Renewal Requests." This will send the renewal to the lender with the Due Date you requested.
- Go back to the Request and change the Due Date back to the original Due Date (which should be the current due date less the number of days that is added from the BorrowingRenewalDays) and Save the change.
- When the lender responds, the notes field will have the new Due Date. Update the Due Date. If the lender denies the renewal, you go with the original Due Date.