- During install, the program prompts to modify, repair, or remove
- Using any of the suggested option gives an error
- ILLiad client, all versions up to 9.1
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information.
- Search subfolders and look for the setup.exe that is published by Atlas Systems.
- Delete the entire parent folder that contains the identified setup.exe.
- Copy the files that are in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\Print folder and the files in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\Addons folders into another area so after you take step 5, you can put them back.
- Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad folder so it will be reinstalled with the correct version.
- Attempt to reinstall the correct version of ILLiad.
- Copy the files back into the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\Print folder and in the c:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\Addons folders.
- Copy all Word documents and add-on directory files over to a different location.
- Make sure the Windows permissions are correct for the ILLiad folder; see next.
Here are the Windows permissions:
If you are using Windows 10, 64-bit, it is at c:\program files (x86)\illiad\ by default. Any other previous version of Windows, it will be at c:\program files\illiad\ by default. In addition, if you have a shared Print drive, you need to add these permissions to the Shared Print drive directory. For you to access your directory correctly, you need to make sure your permissions are correct. Instructions on how to do this follow:
With Windows 10 x64, you need to add Permissions for each user's Windows log on to the security settings for the ILLiad folder under c:\program files (x86)\. With Windows 10 x86, you work with the c:\program files\ILLiad\ folder. Also, if you have a shared print drive, you need to add it to the folder where the print documents are.
1. Right-click the ILLiad folder and choose properties.
2. Click the Security tab and in the top section, choose Edit so you can edit the Users group.
3 Select the Users group and click to select Allow Full control.
4. Once you click OK, then you will be back to the main ILLiad permissions window.
5. Choose Ok to get out of the window.
If after all of this, you still cannot get ILLiad to work, you should get your I.T. involved and restore Windows back to a previous setup that worked.