- WorldShare Record Manager
When you have been working or editing a WorldCat record in Record Manager, you can choose to Lock it - so that you can come back to complete it, without the concern that someone else may also edit the same record or make other changes to it, before you have completed your changes.
- If you Lock a record, the lock will expire in 14 days on its own if you do not unlock it.
- If you have Locked a Record and then decide that you do not want to continue with your edits or keep the Save in-progress record you have started; this file can be deleted by selecting Record > Delete Bib record in Progress
To lock a record:
- Select the Bibliographic title you wish to work on.
- Select Save > Save & Lock Bibliographic record.
- You then give your list a status, so it can be located later by what you type.
- The file is also given a File number - which you can also search later.
- This will then be creating a Save in-progress record.
- Continue to make the required edits, changing the workflow status as required.
- When you have completed your changes you can then Unlock the record
To unlock a record:
- Search by Scope > Saved in Progress > then select either Save file number (if known) OR My Status that you gave the file.
- Select Record > Release Lock