WorldShare Record Manager allows you to create new and enrich existing items in WorldCat with efficient, record-at-a-time metadata management for your physical and electronic materials using a MARC 21 editor, Text View editor, or Authority record editor.
Within the WorldShare interface, navigate to Metadata > Record Manager.
In this area, you can:
- Search for bibliographic, local holdings, authority, and saved in-progress records.
- Work with bibliographic and authority records.
- Work with local bibliographic data.
- Work with local holdings records.
- Apply changes to multiple bibliographic and local bibliographic data records with bulk actions.
- Work with labels and export bibliographic and authority records.
- Work with field strings, text strings, and constant data records.
- Set preferences for labels, bibliographic and authority record export, searching, and the record editor.
- The Request ID keeps an ongoing list of the 10 most recent requests made by Record Manager. When reporting an issue with WorldShare Record Manager, click Copy Request ID(s) to copy the request ID(s) and include them in your email to OCLC Support. This information will allow OCLC to directly trace what happened when we are troubleshooting.
Note: The Request ID will not display until you have performed an action (e.g., search, record export, etc.) in Record Manager.
Watch a video
Introduction to Record Manager (10:45)
This video provides an introduction to what you can accomplish with WorldShare Record Manager, to help familiarize you with the interface and its purpose.