Before you can export a record, you must set up your export preferences.
- In the left navigation, click Preferences.
- From the Preferences panel, click Exporting - Bibliographic Records. The Exporting - Authority Records accordion opens, revealing four tabs: General (default), International, TCP/IP, and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs).
After setting preferences in General, International, TCP/IP, or Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), click Reset Form to restore original default settings.
General export preferences
- For Format, select a format for your export records from the drop-down list.
- MARC 21 with MARC-8
- MARC 21 with UTF-8 Unicode
- MARCXML with UTF-8 Unicode
- For Exclude Data, enter the tag, indicators, and subfields you want to exclude from your export records. Add additional tags by clicking the Add () button.
- Click Save.
International export preferences
- Click the International tab.
- For Non-Latin Content Exported, select how Latin and Non-Latin content will appear in exported records from the drop-down list.
- All data with Latin script in 880 fields
- All data with other scripts in 880 fields
- Latin script only
- Other scripts only
- For Diacritic Character Usage, select whether you want Decomposed or Precomposed.
- Decomposed -
- Precomposed -
- For Warning, select Warn before exporting bibliographic records that include unlinked non-Latin script fields if you want the system to generate an error message before you export MARC 21 bibliographic records that include unlinked non-Latin script fields.
TCP/IP export preferences
- Click the TCP/IP tab.
- For TCP/IP connection options, enter:
- Host Name - Enter the TCP/IP name (e.g., lib.domain.edu) or the numeric TCP/IP address of the host computer that runs your local system.
- Port Number - Enter the number of the port at your site that provides direct access to your local library system.
- Authentication - Select an authentication method from the drop-down list.
- Login ID - Enter the ID and password to access your local system. Select Mark Password if you do not want the password to be visible.
- User ID - Enter the ID to access your local system. Select Mask ID if you do not want the ID to be visible.
- For Connection Delay, select the wait time, in seconds, that occurs between each record sent in a batch from the drop-down list. The default wait time is 0.25 seconds.
- For Connection Attempts, select the maximum number of attempts to retry connecting to the local system if the first connection attempt fails from the drop-down list. The default maximum number is 0.
- For Gateway Export Response Messaging, click Use Messaging to enable messaging.
- If enabled, select the amount of time, in seconds, that messaging is displayed from the drop-down list. The default amount of time until timeout is 5 seconds.
- Click Save.
Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) export preferences
- For Name Headings Identity Services, select which name headings identity services to include with exported records.
- GND Authorities
- LC/NACO Authority File
- For Subject Headings Identity Services, select which subject headings identity services to include with exported records.
- GND Authorities
- LC Subject Authority File
- MeSH Authorities