How do I set up a collection when a proxy is not required or not allowed by vendor ?
- WorldShare Collection Manager
When a provider does not allow the use of proxy and only allows access from within your institution, there is a simple setting you just need to set/change for these
Depending on if you want all titles in this collection or only specific ones - will determine how you proceed (using Peeters Online Journals as an example).
Take the following steps:
- Search for your Peeters Online Journals (Show Coverage Gaps), just search for Peeters.
- Select the collection name to open it.
- If requiring only a selection of titles, then select the titles you do require.
OR If you require all titles, then skip this step and go to step 4 and select collection.
- Select the linking tab.
- Select the drop-down menu next to Use Proxy > change this from Use Institutional settings to > No proxy needed and select Save > your 'proxy blocking'
problem will be resolved for this collection.
- The titles within this collection that you have selected /or all of all titles were required > the Link button [access online] will now appear on Discovery for these
- Your students will now be able to just select this link and be taken direct to the journal they selected, if accessed within your building.
- Any collections that operate in this way, when a proxy is not required or not allowed - you just need to go into that specific collection and change this setting for that
- If you used the public note in the 852 $2 field on these titles, you will now need to remove. It is no longer required because the selectable link button will take them there now anyway.