- WorldShare Collection Manager
- When an automatic holdings feed has been set up with a provider on a collection, all the titles you purchase will be updated and added to your feed with each delivery.
- The file will be automatically loaded on a schedule depending on the vendor's agreement with OCLC.
- When an upload takes place, it is a full refresh of your collection. If titles have been deleted, updated, or added then these changes will be reflected in the new file delivered and uploaded to your collection.
- To find details about Provider Holdings Feeds::
- Navigate to Collection Manager Search.
- Choose Activity History as the Data Type.
- Select My Institution's History as the Scope.
- Leave the search box blank.
- Click Search.
- At the top of the screen, select the Loads & Feeds filter. From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Provider Holdings Feed.
- Click Filter.
- In the search results, click the load or feed of interest to see details about the specific load or feed.
- Provider Holdings Feeds are preceded by a Provider Data Load.
- Click on Title Changes.
- To download a report, click on the Download Detailed Report button.
- Do not select, delete, or edit any titles manually or by uploading a file in a collection, once you have set-up an automatic holdings feed.
- When a collection is being updated by an automated holdings feed, you should not select the option to Auto Select Titles in the Titles accordion of the collection's settings.
- Let OCLC and the provider manage your collection for you and wait for the new title to be added in the next feed or two. How soon new titles appear in your collection depends on when the provider provides the data to OCLC.
- If a title does not appear or a title has been removed that you believe you should have access to, confirm with the provider that you do have access to the title and then report it to OCLC Support
- If something appears incorrect about a title, such as coverage, report that to OCLC Support.
- While you shouldn't add, delete, or edit titles within the collection, you can make any other configuration changes you would like, such as whether or not to set holdings or to have MARC records delivered.
Providers and contacts for automatic loading (details related to all providers that offer automatic holdings feeds)