Release Date: April 26th, 2023
This release of WorldShare Collection Manager provides a number of new features and enhancements. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- Limit Collection and Title search results with additional filter options
- Limit Title searches within Collections with additional filter options
- Search more Title Indexes in addition to Keyword including Title, ISBN, ISSN, and OCLC Number
- Search scope retained across searches
- Improved Activity History View
- Link to Activity History for KBART file uploads
- Project MUSE added to providers for automatic collection loading
- Customize MARC record delivery with additional Delete Field and Delete Subfield options
- Clearer proxy messaging for Open Access Collections
- WorldCat.org redirect to WorldCat Discovery
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
New features and enhancements
Limit collection and title search results with additional filter options
Users will now have the option to select multiple filters when searching collections.
In addition to the option to select multiple filters when searching for titles, users will now have the option to search by Provider and Coverage.
- Providers can be searched in the dropdown by typing the provider name. Multiple providers can be searched by clicking on each desired provider.
- Coverage Enumeration and Coverage Date search ranges that include the specified searched enumeration or date.
Limit Title searches within collections with additional filter options
Addition of additional filter options for Title searches within collections
Users will have the ability to refine results by using multiple filters. These filters include Coverage Depth, Coverage Enumeration, and Coverage Date
Search more Title Indexes in addition to Keyword including Title, ISBN, ISSN and OCLC Number
Addition of Title Index dropdown options
Users will see an additional drop-down menu that includes keyword, title, ISBN, ISSN, and OCLC number. The keyword index will be the default search for the title and will function as it always has.
Search scope retained across searches
The search scope will now be retained across searches in Collections, Titles, Providers, and Activity History so that workflow will not be interrupted when changing the Data Type. Examples of this functionality:
- When a user selects All Collections with the Data Type, Collections, and then changes to the Data Type, Titles, the All Collections search scope will be retained.
- When a user changes the search scope in Data Type, Activity History and selects the scope All Institutions, then does a search in Data Type, Title, with a scope of My Collections, upon return to the Data Type, Activity History, the previous scope of All Institutions will be retained.
Improved Activity History view
Users will now have an updated search experience in Activity History.
- Accessibility, including the usage of Screen Readers, will be improved.
Improved Collection History
Link to Detailed KBART upload in Activity History
When users see a Collection Updated activity for KBART activity, there will now be a link to the detailed KBART Upload page in Activity History directly from the Collection History.
Project MUSE added to providers for automatic collection loading
Libraries will now be able to contact OCLC to have Project MUSE automate the maintenance of your library's holdings, eliminating the need for manual management of these collections by library staff.
This means that, with your permission, Project MUSE will make weekly updates available to OCLC containing your library-specific holdings data, including new and deleted titles, so that OCLC can automatically:
- Register your titles in the WorldCat knowledge base
- Keep your WorldCat holdings up to date for your Project MUSE purchased ebooks, EBA Ebooks, and journal titles
- Set your library's specific coverage dates and enumerations on your journal titles
- Provide full-text links to ensure seamless access
- Deliver customizable MARC records with ongoing updates as your subscriptions change over time
To learn how to be included in this automation and make your Project MUSE titles easier to find, access, and manage, please visit Project MUSE.
Customize MARC record delivery with additional Delete Field and Delete Subfield options
Users will now have the option to delete additional fields from MARC records prior to MARC record delivery
- Additional fields include: 003, 005, 006, 007, 019, 040, 041, 042, 043, 044, 045, 046, 047, 048, 049, 051, 052, 055, 066, 251, 264, 334, 335, 341, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 353, 365, 366, 370, 377, 385, 386, 387, 388, 532, 647, 688, 758, 776, 788, 864, 881, 883, 884, 885
Clearer proxy messaging for Open Access Collections
The option to add a proxy to open access collections is now replaced with a note that says, "Proxy is not used for open access collections."
WorldCat.org redirect to WorldCat Discovery
IP Authenticated Users will now have the option to redirect to their library's instance of WorldCat Discovery.
- Please see View your institution's dedicated version of WorldCat.org for additional details.