Caution: Please contact OCLC Support before creating a collection for a Reclamation, or before sending a Reclamation through an existing collection.
- There is a fee associated with a reclamation.
- This is a one-time process that includes a scan/delete process.
A reclamation process matches your records in WorldCat to set (add) holdings; time-stamp them; and then cancels (deletes) holdings on records that were set earlier than the time of the data sync processing transaction. This type of process can bring your holdings up-to-date if you have not consistently maintained them and cannot easily isolate only the records that need to be updated. The following is how a reclamation process works:
- You send all of your library's records. As they are matched in WorldCat and holdings are set for items you hold, the current date is "stamped" on each record.
- After data sync processing is complete, OCLC runs a Scan/Delete to remove your holdings from records with a date stamp earlier than the date of the data sync processing transaction (typically the date when you extracted your records for submittal to OCLC).
Note: Before performing a scan/delete, Data Sync services always contacts you to confirm the date on which canceling holdings will be based. You must approve the date before OCLC will run the scan/delete.
- Holdings set after the date of the scan/delete are retained in WorldCat. Therefore, you can continue online cataloging while your records are processed. OCLC recommends, however, that you stop deleting holdings until the reclamation process is complete.
- By default, scan/deletes are processed to skip any holding set on a record that has a local holdings record (LHR) attached. The LHR itself will remain, and the holding will remain set on the record, regardless of date stamp. However, you can request to remove the LHR and related holding.
- 1. Configure institution settings for a reclamation
- Learn how to configure institution settings for a reclamation in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- 2. Create a reclamation
- Learn how to create a reclamation in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- 3. Data requirements for reclamations
- Find the data requirements for a reclamation in WorldShare Collection Manager.
- 4. Upload files in My Files
- Learn how to upload files for a reclamation in My Files.
- 5. Download files in My Files
- Learn how to download files for a reclamation in My Files.