Find an overview of the WebDewey interface.
WebDewey screens are designed for quick access to frequently used functions and tools.
- Header: Persistent on all screens. Provides links to specific screens and content and buttons to start key activities.
- Footer: Persistent on all screens. Provides direct links to Main Classes, Tables, and the Dewey Services website.
- Workspace (center area): Use key functionality: searching, browsing, viewing results, or creating a comment.
- Link bar (top right corner)
- Home – Go to the WebDewey opening screen
- Help – View Help for the current session
- Preferences – Customize record view or add link to library OPAC
- Main Classes – View list of ten Main Classes
- Tables – View list of Tables
- Contact – Go to OCLC online product support; view support resources or email request for assistance
- Logoff – Exit WebDewey
- Search – Enter a basic search in the All Fields index
- Advanced Search – Enter a search; select a specific index
- Browse – Enter a term to view adjacent terms in a specific index
- Comments – Find, create, or delete comments
- Updates – View the latest Dewey classification changes
- Dewey version list – Select a Dewey edition from the drop-down list.
- WebDewey 22 (EN)
- WebDewey 23 (EN) (default)
- Main Classes – Direct links to specific Main Classes and access to DDC references: Introduction, Glossary, Relocations & Discontinuations
- Tables – Direct links to specific Tables and access to DDC references: Introduction, Glossary, Relocations & Discontinuations
- Dewey Services – Direct links to the Dewey Services website and Dewey Blog
- Basic search – Appears on the WebDewey opening screen or click Search in the header
- Advanced search – Click Advanced Search in the header
- Browse – Click Browse in the header
- Search results – Single record or list of retrieved records
- Browse results – List of terms in an area of an index