- Search the Dewey notes database to retrieve the note you want to use as a model for creating similar notes.
Create a note with characteristics you want to replicate in one or more other notes (a template note).
View the note in display mode or edit mode.
- Open the Actions list and click Derive New Note.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to duplicate the note. An exact copy of the original Dewey note appears, in edit mode.
- Complete the new note.
- Add, delete, or change text to provide appropriate information or instructions.
- Fill in the required fields: Title, Type of Note, and Note.
- Proofread the note and correct any errors.
- Add the note to the notes database.
- Open the Actions list and click Save Note.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to save the note. The system displays a confirmation message.
DDC number check (new user note)
When you save a new user note for the first time, the system searches the WebDewey database for the number you supplied in the DDC Number field of the user note.
If the number you supplied does not exist in the DDC database searched, the system asks you to decide whether or not to save the note.
- To save the note anyway, click Yes.
- To cancel saving the note and correct it as appropriate, click No.