Collection names and IDs
There are many collections in the global WorldCat knowledge base. Use the collection data in the table to help you find the relevant collections. If your collection is not returned when you search within Collection Manager, try entering a root word and an asterisk (*) as a truncation operator. For example: Elsevier ClinicalKey*
Elsevier ScienceDirect page if you need e-book and e-journal titles from ScienceDirect collections.See the
|Collection name(s) for searching||Collection ID(s) for searching|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Australia||elsevier.ckauflex|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey eBooks||elsevier.ckebook|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey eBooks - WAYFless access||elsevier.ckebookathens|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Flex Español||elsevier.ckesflex|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Journals||elsevier.ckjournal|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Journals - WAYFless access||elsevier.ckjournalathens|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Nursing Australia||elsevier.cknurauflex|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Nursing Australia Base||elsevier.cknuraubase|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Nursing eBooks||elsevier.ckebooknurs|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Nursing Journals||elsevier.ckjournalnurs|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medicine English Language Complete Package||elsevier.ckmecomp|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medicine English Language Australia and New Zealand Complete Package||elsevier.ckmecompanz|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medicine English Language India Complete Package||elsevier.ckmecompind|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language Complete Package||elsevier.cknurscomp|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language Australia and New Zealand Complete Package||elsevier.cknurscompanz|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language ANZ Package||elsevier.ckmeau|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Clinical Learning Package||elsevier.ckmeclv|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Dentistry Package||elsevier.ckmedent|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Dentistry Spanish Language Package||elsevier.ckmedentsp|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Essentials Package||elsevier.ckmeelpes|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Extended Package||elsevier.ckmeelpex|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language India Package||elsevier.ckmeind|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Pharmacy Package||elsevier.ckmepha|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical English Language Review Package||elsevier.ckmerev|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical French Package||elsevier.ckmefr|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical German Package||elsevier.ckmeger|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Medical Spanish Package||elsevier.ckmeesp|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language ANZ Package||elsevier.cknursanz|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language Midwifery Package||elsevier.cknursmid|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language Part 1 Package||elsevier.cknursuk|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing English Language Part 2 Package||elsevier.cknursess|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing French Package||elsevier.cknursfr|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing German Package||elsevier.cknursdach|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Nursing Spanish Package||elsevier.cknurssp|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Physician Assistant Package||elsevier.ckmepap|
|Elsevier ClinicalKey Student Foundation Physiotherapy English Language Package||elsevier.ckmephy|
Add the collections to your knowledge base
Choose a method to add or create a knowledge base collection:
Choose the instructions that apply to your needs
Get WorldCat MARC records
Record delivery is available both to libraries with and to libraries without an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription.
Enable MARC record delivery in the institution settings
- Navigate to Settings > MARC Records.
- Select Yes for Enable MARC Record Delivery.
Once you enable record delivery, tabs of settings will appear: Customize Records, WorldCat Updates, Record Delivery, Cataloging Partner Options. You can leave the default settings or customize your records. By default, the following will be included in your records:
Customize your record profile (optional)
Define customizations that will apply across your collections in the Customize Records tab. For additional information, see Configure institution MARC Records settings for knowledge base collections.
- Default and frequently defined record customization
By default, the following fields and data will be included in your records:
- 049 $a: Holding library code (For example: MAIN)
- 590 $a: Provider Name
- 590 $b: Collection Name
Frequently defined record customization:
- 945 $a: Transaction Type – New, Updated, Deleted
- 740 $a: Collection-level notes. Note: If you map collection-level notes to a field in your records, remember to add a note within one or more of your collections.
Knowledge Base Collection 856 Field:
- Add Subfield: z
- Enter Free Form Text: Click here for access (Your 856 links will include $zClick here for access)
Enable collection-level record setting
Search for the collection and open it. Expand the Holdings and MARC Records accordion.
- Choose Use institution setting: [Your institution settings will be displayed here].
After you enable record delivery in the collection, you will see the following tabs of settings: Customize Records, Record Delivery. You can leave the default settings or configure collection-level settings.
Configure collection-level settings (optional)
Define collection-level settings if desired. Listed below are some frequently used settings. For additional information, see Enable record delivery within your collection.
- Configure separate file delivery
Many libraries choose to have their file of records delivered in a separate file. To configure separate file delivery:
- Click on the Record Delivery tab and find the Delivery File Output settings. Select Deliver records for this collection in a separate file.
- Enter a name to help you recognize your file. The file name will follow a format such as: metacoll.[XXX].new.D20160214.T210512.[YourFileName].1.mrc
- Troubleshoot MARC record delivery
- Are the correct number of titles selected in your collections?
- Once the holdings feed has been processed, the correct number of titles should be selected within one week. Do not select the collection manually unless explicitly directed to do so. Selecting the collections manually will result in a significant delay in processing of your holdings feed.
- Have you enabled MARC records at the institution level?
- Navigate to Collection Manager Fundamentals > Settings > MARC Records and ensure the Enable MARC Records Delivery option is set to Yes.
- Have you enabled MARC record delivery within the collection?
- Navigate to the collection and expand Holdings and MARC Records. Ensure that the Enable MARC Record Delivery option is set to Use institution settings.
- Is the delivery frequency for record delivery set to daily?
- Remember that delivery frequency can be set per collection and this collection-level setting will override the institution-level delivery frequency set under Collection Manager Fundamentals > Settings. If you set your collection to Weekly or Monthly record delivery, then they will have to wait for your first delivery. If you change delivery to Daily, an initial delivery is triggered. After receiving this initial delivery, you can then set it to Monthly or Weekly for on-going delivery of records if necessary.
- Are the correct number of titles selected in your collections?
Manage WorldCat holdings
WorldCat holdings maintenance is available only to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Subscription.
- Navigate to Institution Settings > WorldCat Holdings.
- Set Maintain holdings in WorldCat to Yes.
The collection-level setting for knowledge base collections will be enabled by default. For complete instructions, see Institution Settings, WorldCat holdings.
Use collection data with other services
- Display full-text links and elevate links from a specific provider in WorldCat Discovery
- Deflect lending requests (knowledge base collections)
- Surface your materials in Google Scholar
For more information, see Use collection data with other services.