Label program List All screen is blank or unreadable
- The List All screen is blank or unreadable and when viewing labels, the font is squished.
- OCLC Cataloging Label program
The ALA BT Courier font is corrupted and needs to be replaced.
To fix the List All display issue in the Label program, we’re going to copy the ALA BT Courier font from the OCLCApps folder to the Windows Fonts folder.
The following steps require admin privileges and may require your IT department's assistance.
- Close the Label program.
- Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter R; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type c: (including the colon (:)) and press Enter.
- Double-click the OCLCApps folder.
- Scroll down and right-click/Copy ALACOUR.TTF. To make sure you're on the right file, look in the 'Type' column for 'TrueType font file'.
- Next, hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter R; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type Fonts and press Enter.
- Paste (ctrl-v). If prompted the font is already installed, do you want to reinstall it? Answer Yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Next we're going to check, and if necessary, set permissions on the Label program.
- Download OCLCPermissions.
- Right-click OCLCPermissions.exe and select Run as administrator. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click the 'Set Full Permissions' button.
- Verify the first six entries say Read-Write.
After performing the tasks above, start the Label program. If the List All screen is still unreadable, the columns have been collapsed due to the previously corrupted font. Use the mouse to grab each column and widen accordingly. You should be able to read each column in the list.
View a label. It should look normal.