How to remove file type associations in Windows 10
The Connexion export file shows an icon for Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word or Excel, Notepad, or some other program.
- Connexion client (all versions)
- Connexion browser
Typically the Connexion (client or browser) export file is not associated with a program. Under some circumstances it will get associated with Notepad, Adobe PDF, or some other app.
We're going to run a tiny .reg file to clear the unwanted association.
The following steps require admin privileges and may require your IT department's assistance.
- Download this file to your desktop. It was renamed to .txt to store in the help center. Change the extension to .reg. If you want to see what it’s going to do before running it, right-click and choose Edit.
- Double-click the UnAssociate.dat.reg file. Answer Yes or provide admin credentials if prompted. Click OK.
- To finish clearing the association, reboot the computer.
- After the reboot, the icon associated with the export file should be gone. Try double-clicking the export file. Windows should say there is no program associated and offer to associate something. Click CANCEL.
If the unwanted icon is still present after running the reg file and rebooting the computer, contact OCLC Support.