- Connexion client
Please note batch functionality is only available in Connexion client.
We do not recommend listing more than 2500 OCNs in this file.
Steps to take before trying to batch process a file of OCNs
- In Connexion client, access Tools tab>Options>Authorizations tab
- If a Connexion authorization number and password are not listed, enter a 9 digit authorization number (starts with 100) and password.
- You do not need to provide a "name" (third column)
- Click Save
- While still in Tools>Options, choose the Batch tab
- In the lower-left of this window, click the box to turn on reports, you can also click the box to print that report automatically. This option causes a report of what was processed to display as soon as the batch runs. The report displays title, OCN, whether the process was successful or failed.
- In the upper right, choose options
- whether you want LHRs also to delete, etc
- Once you've selected options, click OK at the bottom of this window to save these changes.
- Create a list of the OCNs that you want to batch remove your holdings on in something like
- Use Notepad or Word or something similar
- ONE OCN per line. You can paste or type the OCN into your list but press your enter key to move to the next line and enter the next OCN.
- Save the file as a .txt file so after entering all of your OCNs.
- Now you are ready to batch
Batch process your file
- Click on the Batch tab on your Connexion toolbar
- Click Batch > Holdings by OCLC number
- Browse to the file of OCNs that you created, using Notepad or Word, etc. enter one OCN per line, save the file as a .txt file
- or Manually type OCNs in the large white box, one per line
- Import a file of OCNs by clicking Import; this will run very quickly; the OCNs will be listed in the large white box.
- When import completes, answer NO to whether you want to delete your file.
- Click Delete Holdings to chose that option.
- Click OK, the batch processes very quickly and
- if the report option or print report option was selected (or both), the report will immediately appear, and the report will immediately print, depending on options chosen.