- Click the Connexion client desktop icon to start the program. Receive message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Note the error may vary slightly.
- Connexion client
The Connexion client reinstallation attempt is being caused by the Microsoft MSI self-heal technology attempting to fix what it perceives as a damaged installation. The installation is fine. To resolve the problem we need to build a new desktop shortcut. To do this:
1. Close Connexion client if it's running.
2. Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter r; this brings up the Windows Run box.
3. Type c: (including the colon (:)) and press Enter.
4. Double-click (if 64-bit) the Program Files (x86) or (if 32-bit), Program Files folder.
5. Double-click the OCLC folder.
6. Double-click the Connexion folder.
7. Double-click the Program folder.
8. Scroll down and right-click Connex.exe and choose SendTo > Desktop (create shortcut). If you don't see the .exe extension, look in the 'Type' column for 'Application'.
9. Double-click the new shortcut. The client should start normally.
10. Delete the original desktop shortcut and rename the new one to look like the one you just deleted.
See screenshot for complete message.