Find out how to access and use the Report Error window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Report Error window
- Report errors in bibliographic or authority records to OCLC.
Access the Report Error window
- With the record open for which you want to report an error, click Action > Report Error or press <Alt><A><E>. Logon is required, even if the record is in the local save file.
- Enter your OCLC institution symbol, user name, and e-mail address.
- Select a check box to have a copy of the e-mail sent to you.
- Enter a description of the error.
- Click Report Error. The client automatically attaches a copy of the record to the email.
See more about how to report an error in a record.
Report Error window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|OCLC Symbol field||The client supplies the OCLC symbol you use to log on, as shown in the User Information window (View > User Information).|
|User Name field||Enter your name. If you do not, the client supplies it if you already entered it in the Contact Support window (Help > Contact Support.|
|E-Mail field||Enter your email address. If you do not, the client supplies it from the Contact Support window.|
|Send a copy... check box||Select this check box to receive a copy of the report via email.
Default: Check box is deselected. You do not receive a copy.
|Text field for message||Enter a description of the record error.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Report Error||Send the error report.|
|Cancel||Close the window without sending the error report.|