Find an overview of how text strings function in Connexion client.
Text strings can:
- Be used to supplement constant data
- Include diacritics or special characters
- Include multiple fields
- Create a text string of data you use frequently to insert in records.
- Insert text strings in bibliographic and authority records and in bibliographic and authority constant data records.
To insert text strings in records:
- Navigate to Tools > Text Strings, select a text string, and use the Apply button.
- Navigate to Tools > Text Strings, select a text string, and use the Keymaps or User Tool button to assign to a keystroke or user tool.
- In the Text Strings quick tool, which displays by default on the toolbar, click the arrow next to the right to view the list, and then click a text string to insert it.