Restore data from a client backup file
Find out how to restore data from a client backup file in Connexion client.
You must have the automatic backup option selected in order to restore data from a backup file the client automatically saved.
- Minimize Connexion client. Do not close the client, as this will cause the backup file to be overwritten.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder that contains the *.bac file of records you want to restore.
- Single-click the file and then single-click again to select the file name for editing. Rename the file using a unique name and ending with the file extension *.bib.db.
Example: Change file name DefaultBib.bib.db.bac to RestoredBib.bib.db.
- If you selected the option to back up all local files in one folder rather than backing up each one in the same folder with the original file, move the renamed backup file to a folder in an existing local file path so that the file is visible in the local file manager when you re-open the client.
Example: Move RestoredBib.bib.db to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\OCLC\Connex\Db.
- Close and re-open client and navigate to File > Local File Manager.
- In Choose File Type, select the type of local file you restored. The newly named file appears in the File list. To use the file, set it to the default (see procedure above for setting a default local file).
- To check the records in the restored file, search the file, entering no search criteria.
- Navigate to Cataloging > Search > Local Save File, click the CatalogingSearchLocalSaveFile button (), or press <F3>.
- In the Search Local Bibliographic Save File window, click OK or press <Enter>. The client displays a list of all records in the file.