When you install languages and/or input keyboards or IMEs on your workstation, Windows provides a language bar on your desktop that you can customize, for example, by reducing it to a language indicator located in the system tray (bottom right corner of the desktop). Use the language bar or indicator to expand a list of your installed languages and keyboards and select one.
To select a RLIN21 keyboard for entering data:
- Select English or EN in the language bar or indicator. If you have multiple languages installed, use the Windows default keystroke shortcut (Left Alt+Shift) to toggle through the languages if needed.
- Click the keyboard indicator and select the name of the RLIN21 keyboard you want to use.
- While using the RLIN21 keyboards, you cannot use Connexion client default keystroke shortcuts mapped to characters that include the Alt, Ctrl+Alt, or Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys.
- These key combinations are used with the RLIN21 keyboards and override the Connexion client keystrokes when you are using an RLIN21 keyboard.
- However, Connexion client function keys and keystrokes assigned to characters that include the Ctrl, Alt+Shift and Ctrl+Shift keys remain available.
The default keystroke for Action > Delete Record, mapped to Ctrl+Alt+D, conflicts with the RLIN21 keyboards (contains Ctrl+Alt) and cannot be used. You must map Delete Record to another keyboard shortcut.
However, you can continue to use the default keystroke for the delimiter character (Ctrl+D) and the default keystroke for Action > Export (F5), since they do not conflict with RLIN21 keyboards.