Find out how to access and use the Spelling tab on the Options window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Spelling Options window
- Open a window to set general options for the client spell checker.
- Open a window to customize the list of fields and subfields that the spell checker includes when it checks spelling in a record.
- Determine whether to ignore data between a slash (/) and a dash (--) in field 505.
- Open a window to edit your spelling dictionary.
- Select the main dictionary language.
Access the Spelling Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Spelling.
- Click General Options to open the General Spell Checker Options window to select kinds of text to skip.
- Under Customize Fields:
- Click Fields to Check to open the Customize Fields to Spell Check window to enter MARC fields and subfields to skip.
- Select the For 505, ignore data between / and -- check box to skip any data in the defined part of field 505.
- Under Dictionaries:
- Click Edit User Dictionary to open the Edit User Dictionary window to add, edit, or delete dictionary entries.
- In the Main Dictionary Language list, select the language you want the spell checker to use.
Note: The user dictionary file is user.dic. It is stored in:
X:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\OCLC\Connex\Profiles\MyProfile\ (X = the letter of your hard drive).
- Click OK or Apply.
See more about how to customize the spell checker.
Spelling Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|For 505, ignore data between / and -- check box||Select the check box if you want the spell checker to skip data between a slash (/) and a dash (--) in field 505.
Default: Check box is deselected. The spell checker checks all data in field 505.
|Dictionaries / Main Dictionary Language list||Select the language of the main dictionary you want to use. Languages available are:
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|General Options||Open the General Spell Checker Options window to select characteristics of words that you want the spell checker to ignore.|
|Fields to Check||Open the Customize Fields to Spell Check window to change the list of fields to check and/or subfields to skip.|
|Edit User Dictionary||Open the Edit User Dictionary window to add, import, or delete words you want the spell checker to skip (accept as correct).|
|OK||Apply the settings you entered and close the Options window (or press <Enter>).|
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made and close the Options window.|
|Apply||Apply the settings you entered without closing the Options window. You can continue checking or changing other option settings.|