Find out how to access and use the Session Timer Options window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Session Timer Options window
- Set the number of minutes of inactivity before the client automatically logs you off the system (5 to 39 min.).
- Display or hide the timeout warning.
- Set the timing of the warning message (1 to 9 min.) (the message allows you to re-set the timer).
Access the Session Timer Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options, or press <Alt><T><O>, and then click General.
- Click Session Timer Options.
- Enter or select options for the session timeout as described in the table below.
- Click OK.
See more about how to set general options for the client.
Session Timer Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Log off Connexion after ... minutes list||In the list, select the number of minutes of inactivity before the client automatically logs you off the system.
Highlight the number of minutes in the box and enter a number.
Range: 5 to 39 minutes
Default: 39 minutes
|Warn check box||Click to select or deselect display of a system timeout warning before the client automatically logs you off.
Default: Check box is selected. The timeout warning displays.
|Minutes before timeout list||In the list, select the number of minutes before automatic logoff for the client to display a warning.
Highlight the number of minutes in the box and type a number.
Range: 1 to 9 minutes
Default: 5 minutes
Caution: If you do not respond to the warning and you have an edited record open:|
When your online session times out and the system has logged you off, you must close the message prompting you to save the record and close the warning message. Your edits are not saved.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Apply your settings and close the window. You are returned to the General tab of the Options window.
In the General tab, you must click OK or Apply to save changes.
|Cancel||Cancel any changes and close the window. You are returned to the General tab of the Options window.|